I’m telling you: the east coast is usually such a deterrent with its impatient attitude and summer humidity, however, I’m forever seduced by the food-ventures that are awaiting me there.
I realize that we are pretty spoiled here in San Francisco, but there is something exciting about the food scene on the east coast. From creative ethnic food to strict traditional fare, the sheer volume of undiscovered hole-in-the-wall joints and world-renowed restaurants always bring me back. I’m no Magellan, but I’m on a constant hunt to find the lesser known spots and revisit some classic favorites when I’m on the east coast. Here are a few of the most memorable bites from my recent foodie-vacay (snapped with Instagram). Enjoy!
1. Fried Chicken Big Biscuit w/Gravy from The Cardinal - East Village, NYC
2. Tostones Mochimeros from Caracas Arepa Bar – East Village, NYC
3. Grilled Corn Mexican Style from Habana To-Go – Nolita, NYC
4. Mayan Chipotle Mac from Macbar – Nolita, NYC
5. Boneless Chicken Breast Kabob Plate from Food Corner Kabob House - Dupont Circle, DC
6. Classic Beef Pho from Saigon Shack - Greenwich Village, NYC
7. Crab Pizza from Artichoke Basille’s Pizza - Chelsea, NYC
8. Mini Hazelnut Dolci from Eataly - Flatiron, NYC
9. Cheeseburger, Fries, and Vanilla Milkshake from Burger Joint (at Le Parker Meridien) – Midtown West, NYC